Field Service Manager – Utility Locating – Nashville, TN
Heath Consultants Incorporated has an immediate opening for a Field Services Manager (FSM) in Nashville, TN. The FSM reports directly to the General Manager in all matters regarding the various projects that he or she is responsible for. The FSM will be supervising our locating Project for Atmos Energy in the area and surrounding states. While the position is based in Nashville, travel will be required to visit those areas on a regular basis. The FSM is expected to closely supervise the Project Managers and Crew Leaders as well as the Field Technicians in the various projects. The type of work we perform for our clients in this area consists of Utility Locating.
The position has the following responsibilities:
• Enforce all company and client safety rules as well as other policies and procedures.
• Serve the customer and exceed their expectations at every opportunity.
• Support and help implement all company initiatives, policies, specifications, and service standards.
• Oversee and support the field services organization in order to maintain an acceptable gross margin while providing service of the highest quality.
• Coordinate with the Human Resources department to organize the hiring, training, evaluation, motivation and supervision of field staff.
• Direct the Project Managers in planning, supervising, and scheduling of operations in an efficient manner.
• Implement and maintain personnel requirements, i.e., drug/alcohol testing, training records, supervisory contacts, and performance reviews.
• Monitor field inventory, asset control, and vehicle and equipment maintenance.
• Ensure a positive rapport and work relationship with all clients in order to maintain present clientele and promote new business.
• Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Services or General Manager.
• Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. There is an end of year performance bonus plan for this position.
• Company vehicle with personal use allowed. Gas and maintenance cards are provided.
• Paid holiday and personal time off.
• 401(k) with company match after one year of service.
• Medical/Dental/Vision as well as voluntary supplemental insurance.
Educational and Experience requirements:
• A high school diploma or equivalent is required. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• A minimum of five years of utility industry experience is required.
• Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, is required. Familiarity with OneDrive and Office 365 is helpful.
• Basic computer literacy is required.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal abilities are required.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
• The ability to analyze and interpret data is required.
• Must be available to travel up to 40% of the time.
• Internal – Field Technicians, Crew Leaders, Project Managers, Director of Services, Administrative Staff.
• External – Clients and customers of clients.