Utility Locator – Texas
Heath Consultants is looking for good, hard-working and self-motivated people to fill several positions as Utility Locators throughout the state of Texas. Heath is an 80 year old family owned company that provides various services to several of the largest utility companies in the nation. One of our trademark services is the locating and marking of buried utility lines. If you like working outdoors in all weather and protecting the public, this position may be the perfect fit for you. You must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to deal with customers and construction contractors in a professional manner in addition to your normal duties. This is a position that can lead to a career as we have several field technicians with decades of experience. Heath also has an excellent record of promotions from within and most of the management team started out as field technicians. Prior experience is not required; we will train the right people. At this time we are not looking for experienced locators. If you are interested in this position and live within the area inside the green lines on the map at this link, please submit an application by following the directions at the bottom of this page.
You will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Follow all company and client safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures.
- Serve the customer, and exceed their expectations, as they are our first priority.
- Use provided instruments and training to accurately locate and mark underground natural gas lines with paint, flags, or other methods.
- Accurately and neatly complete daily paperwork required by Heath and our client company.
- Use provided as-built maps, service cards, plats, and other client records to assist in locating the lines. Map and print reading skills are an absolute requirement.
- The job is completely outdoors and work is performed under all weather conditions. There is some light manual labor required.
- Work directly with third party contractors to coordinate timely completion of tickets.
- Some overtime and on-call is required.
In return, we have a compensation package that includes the following:
- Weekly pay starting at $12.50 an hour for training, if you are experienced you can negotiate your starting salary. Annual reviews with raise potential.
- All safety and work equipment is provided.
- Company vehicle (no personal use) as well as a gas and maintenance card is provided.
- Eligibility within 60 days for Medical/Dental/Vision/Supplemental insurance plans.
- After one year you are eligible for our 401(k) with employer match.
- 10 paid holidays and 5 days paid time off in the first year.
- Company-issued cell phone.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Pass a criminal background/DMV check as well as a DOT drug screen.
- Above average math skills (understand equipment readings and calculate distances).
- Ability to read a map (compare location to client map prints and determine line location).
- Basic computer literacy (all documentation is computer based).
To apply, please get the application from here. Save it to your desktop and then open it to fill it out. The application must be completely filled out to be considered further and resumes cannot be used in place of filling out the employment history page. Once you have finished it, please save it with your name in the filename and email it to email@example.com with the job you are applying for and location in the subject line. If you have trouble saving and filling out the .pdf, print it out and fill it out by hand, scan it as a single PDF, and email it following the same directions. Please do not attempt to fax or mail the application. Incomplete, mailed, or faxed applications will not be considered for employment.