Safety Coordinator – Houston, TX
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing the safety and loss prevention program.
- Ensures that each project location conforms to all applicable safety regulations.
- Responsible for assigning safety inspectors to sites and ensuring that follow ups are conducted when necessary.
- Provides solutions when sites are found to be in violation of safety standards.
- Must be aware of federal, state, and local safety laws, and DOT/EPA regulations to ensure the organization is in compliance with all current safety regulations.
- Monitor regulatory requirements that will affect Heath field performance.
- Perform annual audits of each Heath facility and submit recommendations to assure Heath is in compliance and not in a position to be fined or otherwise penalized.
- Schedule all regulatory inspections for certificate to operate by regulatory personnel. Report findings and make recommendations for necessary change.
- Maintain all records relative to all above functions to confirm in these areas Heath can validate compliance, establish an accessibility chain should the manager not be available and the information is required.
- Perform other duties as required by supervisor.
Associates degree or higher preferred
Minimum of 2-5 years utility operations experience or equivalent and experience in the field or related area.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Internal – Any and all Heath personnel
External – Regulatory agencies, customers and vendors
Must have strong communication skills and be computer literate. Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Strong leadership and able to give direction.
Still Interested? Click Here to Apply