Team Leader – Utility Locating – Houston, TX
JOB TITLE: Team Leader
REPORTS TO: Project Manager & Field Services Manager
Heath Consultants Incorporated has an opening for a Team Leader in Waco, TX. This is a salaried position with mandatory evening and weekend hours. The area is Waco and the areas around surrounding towns.
Heath offers a full benefit package including company vehicle with personal use allowed, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation, paid holidays, as well as other fringe benefits.
THREE YEARS OF UTILITY LOCATING EXPERIENCE IS AN ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT. NO APPLICATIONS OR RESUMES THAT LACK THIS EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
- Abide by and enforce all company safety policies.
- Serve the customer, and exceed their expectations, as they are our first priority.
- Lead and support the field services organization in order to maintain an acceptable gross margin while providing service of the highest quality.
- Maintain proper supervision, training, evaluation and motivation of the Field Technicians such that operations are scheduled and completed in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that the Field Technicians adhere to quality control measures and keep at-fault damages to an absolute minimum.
- Stay in close contact on a daily basis with assigned Field Technicians, mostly through in-person visits throughout the day.
- Participate in recruiting, disciplining, discharging and promoting field staff when required.
- Conduct risk assessments on Field Technicians to ensure they are working safely.
- Establish a positive rapport and work relationship with all clients in order to maintain present clientele and promote new business.
- Take appropriate measures concerning the proper utilization and maintenance of assigned equipment and vehicles.
- Adhere to personnel record keeping requirements and procedures involving drug/alcohol testing, time sheets, training records, supervisory contacts, and performance reviews.
- Monitor profit and loss of the team area to ensure acceptable margin levels are achieved and preserved.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Project Manager and/or Field Service Manager.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of utility locating experience required.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: Provides direct supervision and guidance to all team personnel.
CONTACTS: Internal – Field Technicians and all other divisional office staff. External – Clients.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS: Must possess the abilities to analyze data , monitor both quality and quantity of production and objectively evaluate Field Technicians.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00 /year