Team Leader – Utility Locating – West Texas
Heath Consultants is looking for a Team Leader for our utility locating contract in Western Texas.
5 years utility locating and previous supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Heath is an 82 year old family owned company that provides various services to several of the largest utility companies in the nation. One of our trademark services is the locating and marking of buried utility lines to prevent damage during excavation. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced locator looking to take the next step in their career. This is an exempt salaried position with mandatory evening and weekend hours.
- Follow all company and client safety, quality, and operational policies and procedures.
- Serve the customer and exceed their expectations at all times.
- Oversee and support the field services organization in order to maintain an acceptable gross margin while providing service of the highest quality.
- Maintain the corporate service standards and specifications.
- Direct the Team Leaders in planning, supervising, and scheduling of operations in an efficient manner.
- Implement and maintain personnel requirements, i.e., safety meetings, supervisory contacts, and performance reviews.
- Ensure that damage reports are forwarded to the claims investigator in a timely manner.
- Respond to high-profile damages as well as any accident that results in damage to company property or injury to an employee.
- Ensure a positive rapport and work relationship with all clients in order to maintain present clientele and promote new business.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Project Manager/Field Services Manager/Director of Services.
- Valid Driver’s License and no more than two moving violations in the past three years.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have strong communication skills and be computer literate. Travel throughout Texas may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates degree or higher preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of Word, Excel, and Access and have the ability to analyze data.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Supplementary insurance plans.
- Company vehicle with gas and maintenance card.
- 10 paid holidays per year and Paid time off.
- 401(k) with company match (after one year of employment).
Job Type: Full-time
- Western Areas of TX
- High school or equivalent
- Utility Locating: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- Driver’s License
Please forward Resume to: