MILTON W. HEATH, SR. MEMORIAL AWARD
The purpose of the Milton W. Heath, Sr. Memorial Award, sponsored by Heath Consultants Incorporated, is to recognize the outstanding contributor to leak detection, prevention, or repair. The contribution must be made during the past five years preceding the year in which the Award is made. Such contribution might consist of a plan, design, program, or any other action that adds to the safety, economy, or service of the gas industry in the area of leak detection, prevention or repair, but shall not consist solely of the delivery of a paper or report. However, an idea or ideas disclosed in a paper or individual report might be eligible for the Award.
- a) To be eligible for the Award, any candidate must be a regular employee of a gas company, holding company, or service company member of the American Gas Association.
- b) One Award will be made each year at the Operating Section’s Operations Conference if there is a candidate whose work, as defined herein, is sufficiently & outstanding and valuable in the judgment of the Award Committee to merit the Award. The Award shall consist of a cash prize of $1,000 provided by the award sponsor, and an inscribed plaque, provided by the AGA The sponsor may, at his discretion, pay for transportation for the recipient to the AGA Meeting at which the award is presented.
- c) The plaque, at a minimum, should be inscribed “AGA Milton W. Heath, Sr. Memorial Award Sponsored by Heath Consultants Inc.”
- d) The Award shall be available annually unless terminated by one year’s notice to the Section Managing Committee by the donor, or to the donor by the Section Managing Committee. The conditions governing this Award may be amended by joint action of the donor and the AGA Operating Section’s Managing Committee. The Operating Section of the American Gas Association shall have the right to suggest amendments at any time.
AGA Operating Section Awards Manual Page | 20
- e) The AGA Operating Section will make an announcement in early January of each year requesting nominations of individuals who have done outstanding work in leak detection, prevention or repair during the last five years. Nominations should describe the nature of the work done by the nominated individual and the reasons for recommending that he/she be considered for the award. To be eligible for consideration, nominations must be received at AGA by the date shown on the nomination form.
- f) In the event that more than one individual worked on a single project considered worthy of nomination, they shall nominate one person whom they consider most eligible. If there should be more than one project considered eligible, an individual may be nominated for each project. To be eligible for consideration, nominations must be received at AGA Headquarters by the date shown on the nomination form.
- g) Other candidates whose accomplishments may come to the attention of the Award Committee shall also be eligible for consideration, provided the candidate meets the above mentioned eligibility requirements.
- h) The award may be given posthumously, subject to the decision of the Award Committee and the approval of the Section’s Managing Committee.
- i) The Award Committee shall be made up of the Chair of the Operating Section, Second Vice Chair of the Operating Section, and the Chairs of the Distribution Construction and Maintenance, Safety and Occupational Health and Corrosion Control Committees; and the Sponsor of the Distribution Construction and Maintenance Committee. The chair of the Operating Section shall be the chair of this Award Committee.
- j) It shall be the duty of this Award Committee to review all nominations received and all candidates coming to their attention, and to select one of the candidates for the Award. If, in the opinion of the Award Committee, none of the candidates has made a sufficiently outstanding contribution to leak detection, prevention or repair to merit the Award, the Award shall not be given in that year. Candidates considered in previous years shall not be precluded from consideration during the current year.
- k) The decision of the Award Committee shall be final, subject only to authority of the Section Managing Committee to decline to make the Award to a person selected by the Award Committee.
AGA Operating Section Awards Manual Page | 21
- l) Applications received after the due date listed on the nomination form will be considered for the following year.
Rules taken from the AGA Operating Section Awards Manual.